Tuesday 4 March 2014

Beauty Editor's with Babies: Sarah Cooper-White

Sarah with Poppy, aged 3
Lately I've found myself on Twitter or Facebook almost every few days asking beauty editor friends who also have little ones what they might use for boosting lank hair, revving up dull skin or simply for the odd energy boost. Though I'm a beauty editor myself, I'm always fascinated to know what works for other people and like to know if I'm missing out on something! And to be honest, I'm a bit nosy too. Anyway, I thought you might want to know what some of the girls swear by and a few of their insider tricks too. So here is the first of my 'Beauty Editor's with Babies' series. Enjoy.

The lovely Sarah Cooper-White, 35, writes for (amongst others) matchesfashion.com, Boots Health & Beauty and Dare and just happens to be an amazing floral designer too - just check out her website poppyandpeonies.co.uk. Sarah also has a gorgeous three year old little girl, Poppy, so, as you can imagine, she has her hands just a little bit full. So who better to give us the lowdown on her favourite beauty buys right?

1. Creme de La Mer Eye Concentrate, £130 (cremedelamer.co.uk)
'I have a toddler that has never slept well so hiding my perpetual tiredness has become something of an art form. This is the best eye cream I have ever used. Yes, it's pricey but it really does the job.'

2. BareMinerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener, £22 (bareminerals.co.uk)
'Hides my eye bags perfectly and isn't too thick so doesn't sit in the lines around my eyes - which have got so much worse since having a baby!'

3. Maybelline New York Le Colossol Mascara, £7.99 (feelunique.com)
'Even if I don't have time to apply a full face of make-up, I always wear mascara just because it never fails to make me look 'awake.' Maybelline are good quality and brilliantly affordable.'

4. Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Bath and Shower Oil, £39 (aromatherapyassociates.com)
'As much as I love my little one, running around after her all day can be exhausting. A soak in this amazing camomile and sandalwood based oil (and a glass of wine) is almost as good as a spa treatment.'

5. Lanolips Lovely Lanolin Golden Ointment, £17.99 (lanolips.com)
'I recommend this to all my mum friends. It's amazing as a lip balm and super nourishing body cream and because it contains medical grade lanolin, you can use it on sore nipples when you're breast feeding too.'

No comments:

Post a Comment