Monday 13 January 2014

On Test: Pantene Age Defy

So as I've said (and said) I'm raging through an ongoing battle with my hair. It's still falling out, though I think the regularity of that might be slowing down by the look of my hairbrush lately (and the bathroom floor). Or, it just might be down to the rather brilliant shampoo I'm using. I wanted to put the Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection Age Defy to the test way back when I went to the launch of the range in summer but it got lost amidst boxes of nappies and DIY stuff. No matter. My sorry state of hair affairs post-pregnancy has provided the perfect test; the anti-aging collection claims to deal with seven signs of aging hair - unruly greys, dryness, lacklustre colour, breakage, split ends, frizz and thinning. Sounds good right?
  
Before you roll your eyes at the idea of an anti-aging shampoo, a little dig at the nourishing ingredients involved, the clinical study undertaken and the experts they've got on board indicates Pantene have thought a bit about this one. According to their research, women worry about thinning hair more than 'weight gain and wrinkles,' which, considering my own hair loss hasn't been monumental but distressing all the same, I can totally relate to. So it makes sense their latest range is dedicated to the issue.

So here's the deal: I've been using the shampoo, conditioner and hydration mask for the last three weeks and, I have to say, they've beaten some pricier brands (I'm talking three times as expensive) hands down. All three products (I've yet to try the thickening treatment) are super creamy, though not so much that they weigh your hair down, they rinse out well and they smell amazing. And as for the actual 'hair that looks up to 10 years younger' claim, well, I can't say for sure if my hair looks or feels like it did way back in 2004 - or if I'd even want it to - but it certainly feels thicker, shinier and in better condition than it's done for a long, long time. And that's good enough for me.

Pantene Pro-V Expert Collection Age Defy Shampoo and Conditioner, £5.99, Hydration Mask, £6.99, Advanced Thickening Treatment, £9.99





No comments:

Post a Comment