Tuesday 26 November 2013

Found: the best nursing bra - ever!

I spent much of my first pregnancy trailing around department stores, opening box after box of maternity bras and driving myself mad trying to figure out whether I should opt for the not-so-attractive but way cheaper variety or the lacy, prettier numbers which neared £40 or more. I figured I just couldn't justify spending that much on a bra, especially when, let's face it, my baby was going to be the only one really seeing it. And I didn't think he'd really mind whether my boobs were encased in Elle Macpherson or John Lewis. So I went for the cheapest.

Big mistake. A few months in and they looked completely done in; the elastic was stretched way beyond its supportive needs, the cups looked crushed and the colour washed-out. I ended up buying more to compensate and probably spent more than I would have if I'd just invested in something nicer in the first place. Silly huh? So this time around, I searched and searched for something perfect: not too lacy (bye bye Topshop), or expensive (Elle at £36 a pop) or big, beige and bland (yep, that's you M&S).

And I really think I found the best nursing bra ever. Seriously. Bravado The Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra, £30, ticks every single box on my imaginary nursing bra wishlist. It's super soft, looks good on (hard to believe I know!) and because it's seamless, won't show under your vests, T-shirts etc And, get this, it's actually comfortable. No itchy, lacy cups, sagging straps or oodles of fabric that come up to your clavicle. It's a goodie. So good, I bought three.

Buy it here http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product/bvo-1401/

1 comment:

  1. When perfect fit and support is everything, we know that it can take time to find the best nursing bra. We at Lovemere have got you covered - you can always depend on us to design our collections with you in mind.

    ReplyDelete