Tuesday 2 July 2013

Let's start at the very beginning...

When dreaming up this blog I thought again and again about what my very first post would be. After all, the world of babies, beauty and all that encompasses it is a pretty big one. So, I’ve decided that, instead of launching straight into it, I’ll give you a little introduction to me instead. Self-indulgent? Moi?

As a beauty editor I’ve worked with the best make-up artists, beauty therapists, hair stylists and dermatologists (to name a few) so it makes sense that, during my ten years or more in the industry, I’ve picked up some tips. However, during my first pregnancy (in 2010) I found they didn’t really relate; I found myself surfing the web near enough every day to find out whether I could use essential oils or not, if I should be bleaching my hair, if stretch mark creams really work and, ultimately, do I have to buy Bio Oil? And all in-between spending, quite literally, hours looking at the best value and cutest muslin cloths and cool-looking bouncers. Seriously.

Yet somehow, by cleverly incorporating a few pregnancy-based features into the magazines I was working on at the time (and a lot of trial and error), I started to work out what really did the job and what didn’t. And I picked up a whole heap of great advice along the way. All-in-all, it’s made my second pregnancy a lot less, well, stressful and I’ve welcomed it with open (moisturised up-to-the-hilt) arms rather than hiding from it. And as with any mum, the second time round I’m also learning what works for baby too; so yes, I’ve dyed my hair, worn fake tan, had a bikini wax but I’ve also come round to the fact, albeit disparagingly, that, really, I don’t need to spend £100 on that bouncer, even if it does work better with the colour scheme in my house.

If you relate to some of what I’m saying and would, like me, love a blog that gives you an insight into the world of beauty and babies, without all the bull then hopefully, here it is. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment